We provide fast and gentle treatment for your sick animal as well as comprehensive wellness exams for your pets throughout the year. Remember, regular check-ups can detect disease in the early stages, improving your pet’s ability to fight back.
One of the advantages of being a family-owned hospital is that you are always treated like family. Our doctors are focused on continuity of care and client communication is our highest priority.
With a over 40 years of combinded veterinary experience, Dr. David Watkins and Dr. Morgan Watkins Tiefenthal are comfortable performing most procedures performed in veterinary practices today. When confronted with a challenging and difficult case that our doctors feel would be better served by a specialist, our doctors will refer the pet to one of the very competent veterinary specialists that Sarasota is lucky enough to have locally. Feel free to ask about specialty care if you have any questions.
Emergencies after hours are referred to Suncoast Veterinary Emergency. The facility is staffed all night so that your pet can see a doctor and be under their care until they are transferred to our team here at the Animal Health Center.
The Animal Health Center offers veterinary services such as:
- General examination and treatment of small animals
- Yearly immunizations and wellness exams
- General Surgery
- Certificates of health and consultations for international travel
- Microchip implants
- Dental examinations and cleaning
- Digital Radiology
- Dietary advice on feeding puppies, overweight animals and particular diseases (food allergies, diabetes, kidney and liver diseases)
- Allergy Exams and Testing
- Electrocardiograms (EKG) and Cardiac Evaluations
- Blood analysis to check for diabetes, kidney disease and more
- Tests for fungal and bacterial infections
- Microscopic tests for various parasites in blood, feces or on the skin
- Tonometry Testing for glaucoma